True Love

Photobucket slide9 slide8 slide7 Photobucket
True Love
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Soap Box.. For the Week..

So the past couple of weeks have flown by, and I am starting to learn more and more about my new job. I love it! I don't think I have ever been so eager to get to work. My day goes by so fast, and I am constantly busy. There is something about working that makes you feel like you have contributed to society. After staying home for a few months and trying to entertain myself all day and night, I appreciate a day that I spend doing something that keeps my mind busy.

I can't wait to get our tax refund. I am so ready to pay off some bills and sit comfortably. I don't know what happened since Christmas, but it seems like these little white envelopes keep ending up in our mailbox asking for money. I'm on the verge of a breakdown. I have been sick. Marcus has been sick. Now we have all of these medical bills rolling in.. Oh geez. I really disagree with some of these charges too! I don't mind paying you doctor, but I sure remember a wait list when I called to make an appointment.. Doesn't that mean that you have several patients to bill? and isn't it unethical to charge ALL of them so much? You must have some expensive tastes! I guess that because this little town has so many people that receive state benefits, you charge extra because you think that we ALL have those benefits.. Not so much! I'm done complaining now.. I guess..

So after we receive our tax return, I am going to order Nutrisystem for Marcus and I. I'm very excited about it! It will be nice to not walk to the fridge and look for ten minutes with an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.. I'm cutting that stress out of my life!

I have not only decided to cut the food stress out of my life, but some of the people stress as well. I had a long talk with my cousin Natalie last night. I think that I have grown up a lot over the past couple of years. Not a bad thing. I have some people in my life that are kind of stuck. I can't say stuck, because that would imply that I believe they will eventually grow up too. When I make a mistake, I tend to learn from it. Some people might as well be a wind up toy that keeps walking into a wall. I just don't get it. Sometimes I feel like I have a very small number of friends, but I would rather have just a few really good people in my life than to have people around me that I have to edit myself around. I think that having a friend is having someone that you can share things with.. without wondering if they are truly a friend. I hated high school for this very reason. Everything was so dramatic. I just never, ever, want to go back to that. I'm a grown up, that likes to have grown up conversations. I don't care about what someone wears, how their hair is cut, what they said about so and so.. I want a real conversation with someone.

I know I talk about my husband, A LOT! I rarely will complain about him. It's because, generally, we get along. We really do love each other. We do have our arguments, but it's not something I would put on blast for everyone to know. I have more respect for him and our relationship than to do that. I care about his feelings. I would never put him down to someone else. This means, I will not complain to you just because you love to hear about everyone's bad moments in life. I don't understand how hearing about something negative makes you feel better about your life. That is just crazy! The minute that you invite other people in your relationship by telling them everything that happens in in, is the same moment that you invite them to come between you. Why is that so hard to understand? When you have a relationship with someone, you should have it with them. I know everyone needs to vent once in a while, but you don't have to complain about every little thing that doesn't go your way. Believe me, no one even cares to hear it.

With that said, I think I'm done now.. :) Saturday: Marcus and I are both home: watching DVR'd TV from the past week: enjoying each others company: alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment